HD-DVDland
Picture of my new toy: The Xbox 360 HD-DVD drive. That's right: HD-DVD baby! I can't wait!
The great thing is it will only cost about $100-140, even though the retail price is $199. How? Behold my fuzzy math:
+ $199 -- Price of HD-DVD drive
- $30 -- Discount for getting an Amazon.com credit card
- $30 -- Money from selling the free Universal Remote that is included
- $40 -- Money from selling the free HD-DVD copy of "King Kong" that is included
Total: $99
However I don't know if "King Kong" comes with the one I ordered, so it might only be a savings of $60 rather than $100, but we'll see. Either way it's the cheapest HD-DVD player you can get! Anyone care to join me for a innagural HD movie watching session? Maybe Friday?
3 comments:
Hooray for fuzzy math! Like when I said, "Hey, that Archos majigger is really for the plane ride to Japan, so really, I can call it a Japan expense for budgeting purposes!" (-:
I have to work nights every day this week including Saturday (blargh!), but do you want to get together on Sunday? Before or after (or both) checking out your new toy, we can rock out with mine: Guitar Hero II. (-:
Well Sunday was fun (any day that includes Risk, "Gears of War" AND any form of "Guitar Hero" goes down as a good day in my book). We shall have to do it again sometime.
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Hash: SHA1
You just have to love Gears of War. We on for tonight?
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.2.1 (MingW32) - WinPT 0.7.96rc1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=Z3TF
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
Post a Comment