Friday, August 18, 2006

Should've turned left at Google Calendar

Ever take a wrong turn while driving and discoverd some cool little shop or restaurant you never would have found otherwise? Sometimes the Internet is like that. Mispell the URL you are typing and usually you get an error. But sometimes it takes you to another site. Often, porn. However every now and then you find some neat little place that makes you wonder just how many hidden gems the Internet has tucked away deep in the server mines.

For example, I was trying to get Gmail. I usually type so fast that I don't notice when I've mispelled something. So when I tried to type "www.gmail.com" I actually typed "www.gamil.com" And what did I find? Well Gamila is a company from that makes a couple of very cool items. An iPod case, and the TeaStick (a very slick tea infuser). Never would have found this site if I hadn't mistyped Gmail. Anyway, just thought I'd share. :)

2 comments:

Brad said...

Just a security note for you.

If you go to www.gmail.com you are reading your mail over an unencrypted connection. you should really connect to https://mail.google.com

Mike said...

Yeah i heard that on SecurityNow. I try to do that whenever I can.